So we’ve sorted your festival attire to pack yonks ago, but bet you were wondering if we had your back when it came to the beauty essentials? Of course we do gals!
We popped EPIC survival kits together for our 4 excited team members (Brooke Nash, Alex Durkin, Jane Lu and Pia Muehlenbeck – go on, go follow their adventures) headed to Coachella and they almost dropped them in excitement when we handed them over (if you missed this it’s because you’re not following our insta stories silly). So keep reading to see what we’ve prepared for the ultimate survival pack for any festival you have upcoming…
- It’s highly likely that you won’t have the time or facilities to wash your hair as much as you fancy while travelling and partying. The Aveda non-aerosol dry shampoo and conditioner are perfect for keeping your locks fresh and they’re really good at giving you that gritty texture perfect for creating festival looks. When you do come across a shower, their travel sized shampoo and conditioner have you covered.
- Get creative with your strands with vibrant Vixen chalks. The chalk offers unique styling with strategically placed splices, dip-dyed ends or multi-coloured strands – the perfect way to further accessorise your look.
- If your hair is looking a wee flat, liven it up with the TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)done Sea Salt Spray for ultimate beachy texture.
- Don’t go anywhere without your must-have hair care appliances from Philips. The MoistureProtect Dryer is quick AF at drying your locks and the straightener also creates awesome textured waves or curls. PLUS, the Ionic Styling Brush is really compact and keeps your hair super shiny.
- Wind and an excess of styling can result in less than lacklustre locks. Keep your strands healthy by using the Deep Muk – 1 Minute Ultra Soft Treatment once a week and yes, you really can leave it on for just 1-minute!
- I can’t stress how great an iPad is for travelling. You can download TV or movies from iTunes, ready to watch. Have books ready and even all your music! PLUS it takes clearer pics than your phone.
- You’ll need a sleeping mask for the plane and tent life so we LOVE the silk version from The Goodnight Co.
- Pop a hand cream in your carry-on to keep your mitts hydrated. Better yet, make it a yummy smelling one from MOR.
- Keep your skin fresh on long-haul flights with a slather of the Ultraceuticals Ultra Energising Mask for ultimate skin recovery.
- For dewy makeup that lasts all dang day, start with the radiance primer by Laura Mercier, then pop on the tinted moisturiser and finish with a dust of translucent powder.
- Finish a low-key look with a slick of your fave lippy. Charlotte Tilbury offers an array of gorgeous colours in dreamy formulas.
- To sculpt out your features and bring warmth to your skin, get a gorgeous gold-based bronzer onto your brush.
- No need to pack your entire brush kit, the travel set by WOTNOT has all the brushes you need for travelling.
- I always have thought that travelling and events should have a signature fragrance tied to it so spritzing will always evoke memories of that time. The newest offering by L’OCCITANE is a spectacular melody of notes all vying to please the ol’ snoz.
- Keep hangovers at bay with Hydrodol (and yes, it really does work). Pop 4 while you’re smashing back the beers and your hangover will be at the very least lessened come morning.
- No one wants to shove full-sized skincare products into their luggage. Head into your nearest Dermalogica salon for a customised skin kit perfect for travelling. Your skin will thank you later.
- Get your hands on the O Cosmedics Skin Shammy (a step up from Nan’s washers)to get the deepest grime from your pores.
- When you’re feeling a bit lazier or need to ‘freshen up’, makeup wipes are your new bestie. The Simple wipes are natural so won’t cause irritations.
- Make sure dark circles and bags stay at home by gently tapping Nutrimetics Energise Awakening Eye Gel into your orbital bone.
- I’m sure you’ll get a fake tan prior to the festival but maintain that colour by applying the new St. Tropez Gradual Tan, which also gives you a glowing hint of bronzy colour instantly.
- Use A’Kin Micellar Water for glitter removal (trust me) and liquid lipstick. Works like a bloody charm.
- Make sure you pack a bottle of Sukin Hydrating Mist for the plane, it will a) freshen up your skin and b) wake you TF up.
- Pack deodorant. Lest you want to smell like a questionable hippy. There will be a LOT of dancing at festivals. Prepare your pits.
- If you want to flash some pearly white chompers, use Opalescence Go. You can legit see the difference after one dang use.
- What do planes usually end with? Apart from smelly breath, a cold is something that seems to latch itself to your immune system in the confined environment. Take these tablets with you in case this happens.
- Need some energy and want a healthier alternative to Red Bull? Try the 28 Black energy drinks. Pop a few in your suitcase and I’m guessing (*may have tried) they’d be delish with vodka.
- ModelCo Double Ended Fibre Lash Brush On False Lashes is the ultimate mascara to take as it takes your lash game to a whole new level.
- Create a flawless makeup base with the Manicare Flawless Complexion Sponge. The flat side is really good for baking too (on yo’ face, not in the oven obvs).
- Wanting to take your eye look even further? Pop on a pair of falsies (making sure you finish with a coat of the ModelCo Mascara to bond the real and false together).
- When you’re in a hurry, the Lip & Cheek Duo by Shu Uemura will save you time and clutch space.
- Get natural looking thicker brows with the Ardell Brow Building Fiber Gel. The brow building fibre gel adheres to brow hair creating thicker brows, which is a key look with festival makeup. Just look at Cara.
- The Hollywood Fashion Secrets Essentials Kit has everything you need for styling emergencies. Fashion Tape, 3 x Fashion Tape Strips, 10 x Oil Blotting Tissues, 2 x Soothing Spots, 1 x Satin Nipple Covers, 3 x Makeup Removing Wipes, 1 x Hair Tie, 1 x Mini Sewing Kit, 1 x Nail File and 1 x Earring Stoppers. Told you, everything!
- If you’re planning on wearing sheer options as you dance for days on end, yet want to err away from the traditional bodysuit or nipple covers. Why not try our Star versions?
- When your outfit is failing you, add a belt. This rule can be applied to so many situations so make sure you pack at least one.
- Keep your pout ultra hydrated with the deliciously tinted lip balm by Lanolips.
- Last but not least… Ensure your highlight is always slaying with Jeffrey Star. Bitches be needing sunglasses with your blinding highlight.
And don’t forget…
Words by Kelly McCarren.